Available to creative arts therapists who have graduated from an approved single modality masters degree in Art, Dance Movement, Drama or Music Therapy.
Professional members agree to abide by the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics.
Apply Now Annual Fee - €110
NB: All membership applications can take up to 3 weeks to process.
This is taken on April 1st each year or pro rata on the month of joining.
Benefits of Professional Membership include:
- Formal recognition of your qualifications and experience through our accreditation process. Accredited Members are entitled to use ‘iacat’ after their name (iacat-accredited).
- Garda Vetting provided by IACAT at a charge of €25 per application.
- Membership Certificate for use in applying for insurance and to display at workplaces.
- Client referral: iacat passes on all referrals or work opportunities to iacat-accredited therapists.
- It encourages employers/individuals seeking a therapist to seek an iacat-accredited therapist.
- ‘Check the Register’: Members' details will be stored on the online register of accredited creative arts therapists in Ireland. This is a useful tool for the public or employers to check if a therapist is accredited with iacat.
- ‘Find a Therapist’ listing: Members can choose to list their services on the ‘find a therapist’ listing, giving details of their specialisations, contact details and whether they are available for private practice or freelance work. Members will also be able to indicate if they provide supervisory services.
- Personal Webpage: To promote their business further, members can also avail of a premium personal webpage. Members can edit their personal profile and has its own unique URL web address.
- Continuing Professional Development: iacat provides guidelines for CPD to members, based on best practice and in anticipation of requirements once statutory recognition is attained.
- Publicity: iacat promotes the creative arts therapies and informs the public on their benefits. This is conducted via a public relations and communications strategy, which concentrates on attendance at public events, press releases and interaction with the media.
- iacat Journal: An online academic peer-reviewed journal including articles, images, music, podcast, and book reviews is available to members.
- Attendance at AGM: This important event is a great way to meet other creative arts therapists and become informed of the work of the iacat council and working groups. The day usually includes a high-profile guest speaker, presentations from creative arts therapists, updates from regional groups and a CPD workshop.
- Involvement: Members can influence iacat policy and development by participation on iacat’s working groups. Professional members also have the opportunity to vote in or stand for election to the Council.
- Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics is supplied to members that they may practice to best international standards.
- Professional Support on Standards of Practice and Education: iacat responds to all types of member enquiries. Members can access a range of information from the office and online regarding practical, ethical and professional matters.
- Members can also access iacat publications ranging from the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics to public information leaflets.
- iacat Bulletin: Members receive regular e-mail bulletins containing information on creative arts therapies events, conferences and CPD as well as employment / placement opportunities.
- Members may contact the office for their nearest regional iacat group.
- iacat Logo: Accredited members can use the iacat logo on promotional material.
Example members IACAT.IE mini-website