Available to students of iacat approved single modality training courses in Art, Dance Movement, Drama or Music Therapy.
As a student member you are at the start of your creative arts therapy career. iacat will guide and support you as you progress in your training. By becoming a Student Member of the iacat you agree to adhere to the iacat Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics. This upholds a high standard of care among students and professionals to ensure the protection of the public and also helps to guide your training and practice.
Apply Now Annual Fee - €50
NB: membership applications can take up to 3 weeks to process
Benefits of Student Membership include:
- Representation: iacat champions the contribution of Creative Arts Therapists and the profession into which you are entering. We represent and promote the Creative Arts Therapies and therapists to Government, Political parties, Department of Health and Children, Health Committee’s, Allied Health Professions and other National Bodies on key issues and priorities. The central aim, which is Statutory Regulation.
- Continuing Professional Development iacat provides guidelines for CPD to members, based on best practice and in anticipation of requirements once statutory recognition is attained. Students are encouraged to familiarise themselves with these guidelines.
- Publicity: iacat promotes the Creative Arts Therapies and informs the public on their benefits. This is conducted via a public relations and communications strategy, which concentrates on attendance at public events, press releases and interaction with the media.
- iacat Journal: An online academic peer reviewed journal including articles, images, music, podcasts and book reviews is available to members. Student contributions are welcome and encouraged.
- Attendance at AGM: This important event is a great way to meet other Creative Arts Therapists and students from the other three professions and become informed of the work of the iacat council and working groups. The day usually includes a high-profile guest speaker, presentations from Creative Arts Therapists, updates from regional groups and a CPD workshop.
- A Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics is supplied to members that they may practice to best international standards.
- Professional Support on Standards of Practice and Education: iacat responds to all types of member enquiries. Members can access a range of information from the office and online regarding practical, ethical and professional matters. The iacat office is there to assist transition from student to professional member. Members can also access iacat publications ranging from the latest Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics to public information leaflets.
- iacat Bulletin: Members receive regular e-mail bulletins containing information on Creative Arts Therapies events, conferences and CPD as well as employment / placement opportunities.
Student Members may use the title ‘Student Member iacat’ (exact phrase only) in documentation.